Tuesday, November 3, 2009

My Birthday(See pictures below!)

I turned 21 on November 1! Some of the people who I live with came to my room at midnight with a cake and balloons and surprised me. I spent the day with my aunt Amal and my cousins Samar and Semer. It was great to see Samar because she is doing her medical residency in the U.S. and she was just here for a week. At night, I ate my 3rd cake from Mary Mikhael, the president of the school where I have my dorm room. Then I went and rented movies with my friend. The next day(not my birthday) I was surprised with yet another cake(my fourth) from my Grandma and Grandpa in the U.S. Everybody was very happy to have the cake at lunch. Unfortunately, I did not go out and get drunk on my 21st birthday, as is customary in the good old U.S.A. because my birthday happened to fall on a Sunday and most of my friends had big tests on Monday morning. But don't worry, I will make up for it on Friday night...just kidding, mom.