Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Check out the pictures I just added below. My aunt works 6 days a week so Sunday is really saved as the day for rest. The big meal in Lebanon is not dinner as it is in the U.S, it is lunch, or "ghada" in Arabic. On Sundays, a big meal is prepared for lunch and then people spend time with the family and maybe take a drive. So my aunt took me up into the mountains and it was SO beautiful as you can see from the pictures.

All week I have been hearing these loud banging noises and I think that they are guns but no one reacts to it so I figured it was okay. Today I asked my aunt what it was and she explained that during Ramadan, little kids buy fireworks and play with them all day. When I tell my brother, Elie, he will want to move to Lebanon and be adopted into the Muslim faith.